Tire Change and Repair Services near Iowa City
Iowa City Towing & Roadside Assistance
Looking for a tire change or repair service? Then we are here for you from Iowa City Towing & Roadside Assistance. Nobody likes going out to their car and finding a flat tire waiting for them. Iowa City Towing & Roadside Assistance can have your tire changed and repaired with fast and reliable service. If you wake up to a flat or run over a nail, don’t put your car in a shop for a day just for a repair.
We will change your tire on site and take the damaged one in for repair and pick up later that day. You won’t be inconvenienced with time consuming repairs. For more information or to book a service appointment, call us today or leave a message for Costs? Free Estimate.
Reliable Tire Change And Repair Services Iowa City
If you aren’t near our tire shop, or can’t drive due to a flat tire. We can arrange for our service truck to go out and help.
We offer two main options:
1) Tire Change. We will swap your damaged tire and wheel with your spare tire.
2) Complete Tire Service. We will have our service truck meet you at your location and attempt to repair the damaged tire. If it cannot be repaired, then we will replace the damaged tire with a different tire that we will supply.
When a flat tire occurs, drivers are advised to slow down gradually and pull of the road in a safe place as soon as possible. If there is any chance of patching a leak and restoring a tire, it will be diminished if the car continues to be driven. Continuing to drive may also cause damage to the wheel, the hub assembly, or other parts of the vehicle since they can come in contact with the road surface. Driving with a flat tire, especially at higher speeds, is also extremely dangerous.
There are multiple ways to repair a flat tire, including using a patch or plug.
A patch is commonly used in automotive repairs shops. A patch is performed by first removing the tire from the wheel, preparing the surface using an angle grinder, applying rubber cement to the prepped area, applying the patch, and then pressing it onto the surface with a tire stitchery.
A tire plug is able to be performed without removing the tire from the wheel. The puncture is removed from the tire, and a plug coated in rubber cement is then inserted with a handle. Many automotive technicians consider plugs to be less reliable than patching, though more reliable than tire sealant. A tire plug is a good idea for those who notice a puncture in a tire that they aren’t able to professionally repair at the time.
An alternative considered by some to be safer and more reliable, is a combination patch and plug. This patch is manufactured with a plug built into it, applying this patch is done very similarly to the way a regular patch is applied except with a few more steps. The additional steps include drilling a hole at the location of the puncture so the plug can be pulled through it, as well as cutting off the excess plug from the outside of the tire. You just don’t need to worry our expert specimen can handle any thing.
CALL US FOR
Iowa City Services Area
- Anthem NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Centennial NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Enterprise NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Green Valley Ranch NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Henderson NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Las Vegas NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- North Las Vegas NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Pahrump NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Paradise NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Spring Valley NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Summerlin NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Sunrise Manor NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Whitney NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me
- Winchester NV Tire Change And Repair Service Near Me